Player Poll about the Quest line (Admins go home)

Jinny

Player poll about the quest line (Admins go home)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying the current overall quest line?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you rather the quest line end sooner or have it go on for a long time?

• Sooner
    • Extended
    • Not bothered
  3. 3. Would you say the problems stem from IC leadership, Administration problems (Quality of events) Or Neither (Comment)?

• IC
    • Administration
    • Neither

It's kind of my personal opinion that we've returned to the same old way we did things on the grant, except that we're mercs now. Player impact's still not as good as it could be. Remember the Zion? I feel like the situation was much more fun on there, seeing as we had to constantly scavenge that way, *and* there where way more small-group events that allowed players to directly control the plotline.

34 minutes ago, jtfang said:

It's kind of my personal opinion that we've returned to the same old way we did things on the grant, except that we're mercs now. Player impact's still not as good as it could be. Remember the Zion? I feel like the situation was much more fun on there, seeing as we had to constantly scavenge that way, *and* there where way more small-group events that allowed players to directly control the plotline.

yes, this

the zion was a change for once that included all aspects to the server

once we came back to upham it just devolved back to the same shotbug events that arent any interesting and provide zero story or zero char dev

It does feel dragged and the problems i have is A. Not enough character actions outside of maybe some ncos or officers. B. Feel like we are the exact same status as the grant but with an arguably better ship. C. Having to explain the lore to new players is difficult cause they expected to hop in, be a new boot camp rookie fighting for the feds when instead you have to explain the extended lore and make it mandatory which isn’t something many would be willing to look up (plus new players seem to dislike the current story based on the often basic explanations given). I felt like more could of been expanded on the story line or been better but I feel like we had the build up and the end but no real long lasting aftermath 

• Like 1

i think this
DCNPj.png

stems from the first question already. Staff is limited to what the events can be, so I can see why you would say the administration is at fault, though that implies that they simply do not put enough effort into it.
i myself think they are doing well with what theyre given and what they can do. Sometimes they can be a little bit confusing but all in all they're mostly to the point. just saying.

I think the issue goes beyond just administration, since I don't think it's the mere admins who'd be the ones to actually progress this story line; I think that has to come from above, IE the XA's an Xal (who I understand have been busy lately) since this is a larger campaign that requires DMs to rule over it to progress it, a power not usually given to admins.

There were parts of this storyline I liked, like our time on Dantana, the Zion and when we got onto the sea ship. It felt fresh and new, and gave a good breath of life into it at least for me. It certainly gave some unique situations and character growth opportunities. Even now I'd say we get the chances for some unique characters considering we're not so much getting conscripts anymore, rather we're getting whoever wants to sign on with us. People who aren't even necessarily interested in the Federation, more rebellious types who'd probably leave us before we rejoined the Federation proper if given the choice to.

But it does feel dragged out, yeah. Although I like parts of the design of our Upham more, parts of me also feel the Grant was better in some ways when it came to RP opportunities.

On a different note, I wish we'd get Wire back on server permanently, since it's pretty useful for puzzles and perhaps more importantly, for passive RP. I as a player can do some nifty passive opportunities with some wiring if we had it.

• Executive Administrator

I'm not going to air our dirty laundry but the crux of it is that this the way this is structured was meant to address consistent twin complaints from the playerbase over the years - (1) "there is not enough cohesion between individual events", (2) "the SSTRP timeline is railroaded and players/command figures should dictate what we do and where we go".

It's been noted that it hasn't worked out and a decision was resolved amongst the executive team as of last Monday to enact a plan that brings us back into the Federation swiftly - the first step of this process took place over the course of my last mission, where I re-introduced Aqua's Colonel Rivera. However I do want the fleet bridge simulator to at least be on the horizon before we step into a new chapter - this should be within the next couple of weeks, Queen's birthday list withstanding.

The plan moving forward is that overall direction for the server will once again be set by me (as it was until this current arc) with the advice, council and guidance of my staff and of other key stakeholders.

Noting that this pertains to an active storyline, and for the sake of not spoiling it, this is all I plan to say on the topic.

I'm going to add to what everyone else is saying, in that I believe this arc has been dragged out far too long for its own good. Not only that, but I believe it's been poorly managed, and executed.

Nearly every event we've done, at least from my perspective, could've been done whilst under the Federation still, if administrators and senior staff were able to create their stories and plot lines to fit. I understand that this was likely done for the server to grow as a whole, and increase character & lore development, but its come to a standstill, in my mind. All we fight - as of now, are bugs, Red Star, and other variations of separatists, occasionally a Skinnie or psychic too. All of these combatants are just as viable under the Federation, even with the current bug-war ongoing, and all that it entails. The only thing that would change with events as a whole would be the loss of MI as a potential enemy, and the need for constant 'supply-run' events, but even then - for example, if an admin really wanted to have us fighting MI, roles could be entirely reversed with the 112th fighting a different rogue group of deserters or traitors, which would likely be a fantastic antagonist as our unit chases them throughout the edges of known space. And, same token of that, we're so far away from most Federal stations and planets, then we could still run supply missions, to keep the ship in pursuit, or on mission.

Tbh @Jinny This is kinda why the server turned off for me. I don't really find this whole betrayal thing as a turn on. It's kind of quite the opposite and I had a hard time adjusting to the new plot.

That added on to my irl stress, I just lost all want to rp on the server anymore or in general.

Edited by StevieJr