TAC Guide for Admins

Samikins

Here are a few general things GM's should keep in mind when including TAC via dupe in their events:

• The turrets do 500 damage a shot, so a strafe from a Thunderbolt through a line of bugs will certainly kill them. The hard part is getting the aim right, but if there's a huge swarm of arachnids and you allow the TAC pilot to go loose, they will cull a pretty large proportion of them. 
  • TAC pilots should know when to stop, but if they get carried away, just give them a PM to slow it down a bit. If a TAC pilot argues with you during your event, ban then for the remainder of your event and contact @Samikins immediately to let her know.
  • If you can't handle TAC in an event for any reason, just tell them to leave. They will RP either running out of fuel or ammo. If you don't want them back, that's fine. It's your event. 

Things that TAC are invulnerable to on the ground:

1. Portable small arms. This probably goes without saying, but rifles, SMG's, and other things like that can't do meaningful damage to a Thunderbolt or VTOL. A sniper rifle should not be able to hit a Thunderbolt or VTOL. The chance is so small it might as well be assumed impossible because it's far under 1%. 
  2. MG fire. If it's not specifically anti-air with a computer system which can calculate the speed of the Thunderbolt, it can't hit the Thunderbolt. No light or heavy machine guns could hit a Thunderbolt. 

Things that TAC are vulnerable to on the ground:

1. Fireflies and hoppers: they can quickly form clouds of bodies that if hit would severely damage a Thunderbolt or VTOL, and that's what they do, being able to organize and cut off the path of a Thunderbolt. This requires quite a few bugs though, ~100 at least. 
  2. Advanced AA with automated computer systems. 
  3. A very large explosion in the air that sends a shock wave close to a Thunderbolt or VTOL will completely disable its geosynchronous location sensor, which means it will not be able to survey movements below ground.
  4. Devices that somehow create tremors in the ground will also disable the VTOL and Thunderbolt's GLS.
  5. Radar jamming equipment can be used to disable TAC's surface to air surveillance radar capabilities, (S/ASR), and I could also see how bugs could somehow figure out a way to do that organically somehow, but you'd need to figure that bit out. If this is done in conjunction with something to take out the GLS, it will leave the F-76 mostly blind as far as the movements of arachnids go.
  6. Plasma bugs can take out TAC. If it can take out a dropship, it can take out a TAC fighter.

Roll bonuses*: 

Pilots should be rolling dex to maneuver their aircraft.

Pilots should be rolling per to spot enemy aircraft.

Pilots should be rolling int prior to making a maneuver to see if they know how to do so. 

*All roll bonuses are in line with current Fleet roll bonuses. TAC pilots should be stacking their skill points in dex, int and perception. 

To learn more about the armaments and specs of the Thunderbolts, READ THIS! 

If you have any questions or concerns, please send me a PM on the Forums, a message through discord or through Steam. I will attempt to get back to you as soon as I can. 

If you are unsure of anything from this guide, please drop me a line. I am more than happy to answer questions. 

**Shout out to Fitz who wrote the original guide- I have updated quite a bit of this information.