Your Guide to Methacryloyl-subsituated tropoelastin sealant [Me-Tro]

Zebastion

Your guide to MeTro the Medical Sealant Substance

cAlZ2AjfzBtv65wsaN-_AqO0nNAbEX_iixz434zjVNg-QQZWwWGaBdaP8NXwbYlBwo6soabxD5kCuuAyYf4aA5NameLh4Gg3mB7Lu_-yzpgtX4xBy2Q2ffbIhndyqZl3kcCXV6Zg

Guide published by United Citizen Federation Medical Detachment [UCFMD]

The guide will contain information about the methacryloyl-substituted tropoelastin Sealant as well as the various uses and the different types of the sealant. The guide will cover under which circumstances to use the sealant and what the sealant does differently apart from the more conventional way of staples or sutures.

A basic understanding of ‘Me-Tro’

The Medical sealant Me-tro or Methacryloyl-subsituated tropoelastin sealant is a ‘Squirtable elastic glue’ to put it in common words. The sealant comes in three different types which all take a 60/90/120 minutes before they wear off. The sealant should be used for hard-to-reach areas and sealing wounds in body tissues that continually expand and relax as such as lungs, hearts and arteries. The highly elastic and adhesive surgical glue is ideal for this as it has a much lower risk of reopening than the conventional way of treating the wounds, the sealant also helps with healing such injuries.

The use of Me-tro in a combat environment

Me-tro should only be used when an injury is in a hard to reach area or the Patient needs to be treated quickly and efficiently and the conventional way of sealing and treating wounds should be used until the Me-tro sealant is needed. But when it comes down to it, it will need to be very accurately placed to tightly bond and interlock with structures on the tissue surface.

The patient undergoing such treatment should be in a stable and secure location when the Me-tro sealant is applied as it will take a minute or more to set and depending in the patient's condition MEDEVAC should be called.

The use of Me-tro in the surgery room / a safe environment

Me-tro will also be used in the surgery room or a safe environment due to being a very effective sealant and it also makes stitching out dated in comparison as Me-Tro heals and prevents scar tissue from forming . The sealant should be applied to tightly bond and interlock with structures on the tissue surface and left to completely heal instead of sutures and staples this making sure there will be next to no scars and also helping prevent an advanced surgery that would take hours to complete because an injury is in a hard-to-reach spot.

The application of Me-Tro

Before applying the Me-tro sealant the patient should be moved to a safe location and placed into a stable position. Then the area around the wound as well as the cavity or injured area itself should be flushed and sanitized and dried using a swab or a square of gauze. Then the application of the Me-Tro sealant can begin, the liquid will be squirted into the cavity and form in the shape of the wound and soon start to set, once set a standard gauze roll should be wrapped over it to prevent anything from disturbing the injured area or sealant.

M3xsm9ADP1cBVAjrkTu63hPj6buX4M3s94k-wqyuiZKkEiH-HwKuHk08o4i7gp90uv9TCVWeXyCoceokNeZGUopUDiMMh0iHNRQkT88imxewFK1drdCG1MEqZqAZP9w25sAqyRl2

[Picture of Me-tro being applied to a minor puncture wound]

For more information or trainings speak to your Senior Medical Staff