Berivan Seydar

"We were! We are! We shall be!"

49e626508dda91a5d06351ecf42e9bbd.png

Above is a photo of Berivan during a re-enactment of the battle of Al-Raqqa, held yearly, where she played the role of a YPJ militant. She is 26 in the photo.

Basic Information:

Name:

"My name is Berivan Malmisanij Seydar, my friend!"

Alias:

’Berry’

’Radar’

"My age is 30, although I am almost 31."

"I am now 31! This has been a joyous day!"

D.O.B:

5th of July

"I am female, no?"

Affiliation:

"I affiliate with my studies and the Federation."

Role(s):

"I am in the Infantry, I use the gun and walk around the places, yes?"

"They put the only Muslim on this base in engineering... I cannot feel that this is not deliberate."

Kin:

"I have not had a relationship in a long time my friend! *Berivan is heard laughing on the audio tape* although, no I do not have any children to call my own, besides my research and my studies, I have not birthed much to this universe."

Religion:

“I am Sufi Muslim, my friend. I try to hide it when able and I am only really somewhat practicing, but I try to do what I can.”

Voice reference:

Homeworld:

"I am from near the city of Al-Raqqa, in Syria on Earth. I am not from Al-Raqqa itself but near the Euphrates river near farm land."

Alignment:

Lawfull good.

Hair color:

Black

Eye color:

Brown

Ethnicity:

"I am ethnically Kurdish. Biji Kurdistan U biji federasyona"

The Interview notes that she said "Long live Kurdistan and long live the Federation."

Spoken Languages:

English: Fluent, Second language

Kurdish: Fluent, Native.

Arabic: Broken/Simple

Turkish: Broken/Simple

Phobias:

Needles

Heights

Sexual Orientation:

"My sexual orientation is North, my friend."

Interviewer to Camera post-interview: "Upon evaluation of the patient, it seems she is uncertian of her sexual orientation, or having no desire. She has very little desire for sexual intercourse or attraction and is best described as 'Bi-Romantic' to mostly A-sexual.'

Build:

Small, relative to others.

PTE

Backstory:
"What is your story, Berivan?" Asks the interviewer on the tape. Berivan is seen lighting up as her body swings as she speaks, clearly a confident and energetic speaker and used to having an audiance, she long-windidely responds: "Well, first of all. My name is Berivan Malmisanij Seydar. I am a lecturer and student of Middle eastern history, revolving particularly around the Kurdish elements and the politics and conflicts in the region ranging from the 20th to 21st century. I have written a thesis of the Kurdish effect on the Syrian Civil War, The political thought and impact of Abdhullah Ocalan (and most recently, and currently in progress) the effect and outcome of foreign intervention into Middle Eastern affairs although I have written many others, these are the ones I am most proud of. The last one, I must mention, is what I am doing my doctorate on, I shall soon be Doctor Seydar, rather then Private Seydar, but don't come to me with a broken arm, I will simply squeel at you!" Berivan is seen smiling as she rocks back into her chair laughing. "My historical study into the region has been helpful to the Federation in easing ethnic tenstions in the region, and I should hope to continue this work, however with the ethnicities scattered after the sacking off Earth, it will be better for their re-intergration into multi-ethnic society, which they have had issue with in past, particularly with Yazidi's, Kurds, Arabs and Assyrians and Turks and Israeli's and Palestinians and so on, some at others throuts constantly, and personally I still have some disdain for Turks, but my friend this is purely on principle. The effects of the Federation to intergrate these groups has held a mixed responce from them. As many fall in line with the Federationalist approach of intergration and intergrating the cultures they have come from, you cannot stop a slave from singing my friend. They will always remain as they are, Kurds themselves resisted arabification for 2000 years, this is not so easily undone by the Federation, and I see some arrogance in their approach my friend."

Wealth:

"My friend I am worth nothing but my knowledge."

Mental evaluation

Morale:

"Patients morale is high, she is enthusiastic, energetic and warming to others."

Neural status:

"Patient, upon immediate evaluation, appears not to be neurodivergent, however future and prolonged examinations may provide more insight."

Psychiatric evaluation:

"The patient is clearly a bright individual, she seems eager to talk although lives in her own bubble most of the time, but will often seek out conversations with others. She is clearly a well researched individual and is always keen to share her findings, as well as talk of cultural and historical pieces."

Equipment:

Shemagh

Spoiler

12695.jpg

Uniform

Spoiler

img01med.jpg

Boots:

Spoiler

s-l300.jpg

Gloves:

Spoiler

11062028_Black_main_01.png?auto=format,c

Thermal clothing (Beneath BDU)

Spoiler

51W0puoj3GL._SY355_.jpg

154e6284598c17cec4eb8f392958139d.jpg

Other Information:

"My qualifications include a Masters degree, Bachelors degree and hopefully a doctorate in History if all goes well, I am serving while my Doctorate is being finished, and I should hope it does, I have been meaning to enlist so I may vote on the politic of my and many other peoples, but have never had the oppurtunity, I felt the wait for my doctorate was oppurtune, I can continue my studies while I wait on the ship, which is splended."

Character Description:

"Private Seydar is an interesting person, she can speak and ramble for hours about niche history I frankly have no clue on, and don't care to learn, but she is bubbly and always with a smile on her face, she seems very confident in presenting herself and speaking, particularly publically, she's usually the first to volunteer in group activites, her teaching infront of audiances is most likely the root of this effect, however she seems nervous at doing dangerous tasks but is certainly willing to assist others. She speaks rather... Odd. Her accent is clearly middle eastern and she rolls her R's and prounces Th sounds like Duh, like, she'll say 'Dey are coming' in her upbeat middle eastern tone."

"Private Seydar is 5 feet and 8 inches, she usually wears her shemaghs constantly, I think it's adopted from her time in the middle east and her adaption to the heat, however she looks almost militant in her presentation, which is unprofessional, she has black hair and brown eyes and tanned skin, she has a rather lithe and slender figure with a moderate strength to her physique."

Personal Relationships
Relations: Loved|Adored|Admired|Friends|Want to get to know better|Aquaintance|Neutral|Dislikes|Hates|Fears

Lobov

-

You have shown my great kindness my large Russian friend. And I enjoy your tongue too-... wait. Scratch that. That is not the right wording I wish to use. I mean your language my friend, I do not mean to be so crude. But I truly appreciate the kind things you have done for me, and I hold them truly to my heart. You are a kind and sweet man, you did not deserve the heartache you have received, I pray for a quick and healing recovery from your wound, which only time may heal. I shall see more of you, I am certain - to this future I am happy. Stay safe my friend. 

My friend... I... I have no words. It was all so sudden, and I was not there to see your passing... I pray for you... I hope you find peace and love in the afterlife, and I know you curse and love me from it, but I am afraid this is not a feeling I can reprise, but I am glad you had a kindling in your heart, it kills and pains me to think of our last conversation, and it truly saddens me, it brings a tear to my eye at the thought of this interaction.

Ashley Agnew

-

What a lovely woman, rather cheeky and upfront, but this just makes our conversations interesting, and I do not reprise from such an approach, she is a kind heart at truth, a shame about her parents, however, if only people were more accepting, our worlds would be better for it. And I appreciate your kindness my friend, you always bring the sun to the darkest of places, and for this I am thankful.

Vond

-

Truly a remarkable woman, I heard many great things about her before we met, and she lived too them. First you help me with a troubling disturbance, for which I am ever grateful, thank you my friend, truly. And thank you, ever so much for the Keffiyah. It truly means the world to me, truly. I cannot express my gratitude. I am truly shocked at your understanding of our culture, and I shall truly cherish this gift my life, it brings me great joy to bear it, and I thank you immensely.

Cait 'Donny'

-

I truly am pleased to see and hear of your progress, a marvellous woman you shall become, I am certain of it, with your new found age and accomplishments shall come a wisdom and maturity you will grow to enjoy. Life will become, although hectic, soothing for you, and I hope this new found peace will bring you happiness, you have managed to have the self awareness and courage to create new heights, from which others are not so fortunate to achieve, continue to outstand yourself and others. With courage and bravery I am sure you will see you a new you being reborn. Good luck to your future self, she is one hell of a woman.

I have even higher opinions of you my friend, this card you made me was truly lovely, and I appreciate it to the fullest extent, thank you, this means so much to me and my heart. I am too keep this on my bunk, as it provides me great comfort. The kindness and effort to make me happy has truly pleased me, and I wish the same happiness for you.

Eliza Woods

-

I welcome your kindship and support with an open heart my friend, this mission was unorthordox and I fear I suffered as a result, and you were there to support me through this hardship, for which I can greatly appreciate and too which I am indebted. Although your requests are... Upfront and challanging, they still were able to help in some regard, if I were to make an evaluation. This is something I shall not forget, and I hope to see you around soon my friend.

Kent

-

Kent... my dearest friend. I trust you are well. I am baffled and shocked at how such a caring and kind gentlemen can do such things. I must report them, I am afraid, not to an authority but to a friend who shall help, I know she will, I shall help in any way I can. Without you I would still be on that planet. Terrified of going up or down. It truly haunts me to think of those heights. And you were there, you cared where no others would, and for this I am truly grateful. More then you can appreciate. But I must do what I can to assist you, such as you assisted me. In time we will be great friends, my friend, and I should hope to my deepest hearts desire that you see that day. 

‘Fay’

-

Fay is a lovely person to spend time with. They are reserved and silent however they are much of a guiding hand to me, and I appreciate this, they have shown me great kindness in training me and in looking after me when I was hurt. I am grateful my friend, I cheerfully look forward to our future together in mentor ship. And I know you shall train me well, you are a good teacher. 

Leeds

-

Leeds is an interesting character, he is rather silent and stoic, to this end I can hold some great deal of respect, and I appreciate this mans presence, he is a modest man from what I have witnessed. I often see him alone, spending his time in the bar by himself, he seems like a turtle in it's shell. I believe he is one of the few who welcomed me to this vessel, for that I am grateful, and I bear him in my memory often. I wish you luck my friend, you seem a kind and gentle man.

Dick Simmonds

-

Despite his crudity I enjoy this mans company, he is a good aquaintance. I did not pick up on the innuendo of his name so easily, however this was later made clear to me, as well as other slang words, which was educational. This mans figure struck me at first, he is like a mountain of a man, Kurds are meant to hide in mountains, not be them, and so this did strike me as exceptionally odd.

DO NOT PUT YOUR PENIS BY MY HEAD AGAIN EZ JI XWEBE DUDILIM, EZ E JI SERE WI JE VESARTIM!

But, this can be forgiven, I enjoyed the party, and your presence was welcome, but you are a towering monster my friend and the additional member you bring to this ship is not a sight I wish to see.

Saiphan

-

A very lovely gentleman, truly, from south eastern Asia, in the orient. I really enjoy this mans culture and our regions both hail from the same or at least similair religions, and his food is lovely from what I hear, I still feel saddened by the loss of his brother, but he appears to be taking it well, and a brave and noble man his brother seemed, but nothing stands the test of time. I wish you well my friend.

Westfield

-

We talk often, and I enjoy your company, you make a good friend to me. He is often excellent for striking conversation with, a sword I can brandish to keep boredome at bay, this is a valuable  asset anyone can posses, to which I thank this man for possessing. And I wish to see more of you my friend, you are an excellent conversation in waiting.

thank you for coming to my birthday party my friend. This was very kind of you to come, I truly hope you enjoyed it. I look forward to speaking too you in the future, you are a kind soul and always a good lease for a conversation. 

Rose

-

I enjoy her presence, I have had neurodivergent students, and although they require additional care and attention, they are some of the most lovely people I have met, and I wish for her comfort in this Regiment and I do truly wish her well as she seems, although resiliant, fragile. It is nice to see her, gives me hope. I hope to see you more my friend.

Cooke/Cookie

-

I enjoy her similairly as I enjoy Rose's presence, although I see her as more of as a peer, as she is not psyop, she seems like a very lovely woman and I wish to see more of her. She is rather uplifting to be around and she has offered me a welcoming hand to this regiment.

Oakwood

-

I too like Oakwood, very kind man, he seems to be the target of some... Unfavourable actions, which I was able to keep away from him, helping him during his hangover was a pleasant experiance and I should hope we may both be mutually beneficial in the future.

Jeremy Smith

-

A new friend of mine, he was assigned to me when he joined this regiment, this means that I train him and teach him how to fight and how to care for himself. He is a quick learner and intelligent in comparison to most recruits, this man seems rather competant, although nervous, and shy. I wish him well, truly. I hope to see him around. He seemed to blush bright red when I greeted him, which is amusing, not many know of my culture and this is ehh... Interesting, for when some first greet me.

Kreslina

-

Another Russian girl on the base. She is a very stoic although gentle person, rarely says a word, however when we talk she is very respectful of my religion for which I am thankful to have. She makes very good company, although silent company at that, I am unsure if she is simply stoic in her advances or if she is just nervous, most Russians on base seem rather silent, and so I suppose this is the line she takes too. I wish to see more of her, a kind soul in waiting and for this I do like and respect her. 

Greene

-

You are ehh... Too well endowed for your own benefit my friend, it is rather intimidating too see, in my personal opinion, and I am sure they had to custom make your armour, don't put too much of a price on your bills for this, will you? But besides from this ehh... I have no words for it, but besides it, you make very nice company, and you cared for me when I was wounded, I am nothing if not stubborn, and you support, a kind soul at heart, and I look forward to seeing you more.

McGriff

-

I do not know of what to say to you my friend, I have however rambled for hours about my people's culture and history too you, for this I am thankfull for allowing me to speak my mind and be open with you my friend. However I feel as though the listening is too one sided, and I wish to get better aquianted with your story, and learn more of you, too this end I should hope to see you more.

'Tank'

-

This man he is... Well. I shall use the word abrassive in this instance, of course he is still my friend, the regiment is, however his attitude is rather upfront to my liking, and it can often be intimidating, however I do not mind this so much, with age comes wisdom, and this man shall mature in due time, for now I am rather equitable on my stance to him, he is optimistic and looks up, despite being suicidal. I may refer him to a psychiatrist for his benefit. Good luck, my friend.

(Just leave a comment with your name and how we may have met as I am terrible at remembering experiances with people, sorry. But if I recall who you are and feel we've had signifficant interaction then I'll add you, look forward to RPing with you all and adding names to the list. Any tips on how to improve this would be greatly appreciated)

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Teoras said:

Add Henry Westfield :P

I'll wait till we've interacted a tad more before adding, I don't feel we've really talked enough to make a proper write out, otherwise it'd just be pretty short and dissapointing, and I want to put some effort into it after I've had some to get to know the char better. But I'll keep the request in mind, and I will write ASAP and let you know when I do.

I added a voice reference and religion, I will add those waiting to be added later today. Got a lot of work and stuff to do first so just bear with me and sorry for the wait. 

added Vond and updated Cait, anyone else from the birthday party wants to be updated or added hit me up!

Also changed the Motto, added some details for the image, changed the age, just a tad touch up.

7 hours ago, Husky said:

added Vond and updated Cait, anyone else from the birthday party wants to be updated or added hit me up!

Also changed the Motto, added some details for the image, changed the age, just a tad touch up.

oh i was in the birthday party update me dad

8 hours ago, BaroqueBishop said:

fayzulin

2 hours ago, Teoras said:

Westfield was in the bday party :c

Added. 

15 hours ago, Arrow said:

oh i was in the birthday party update me dad

Who was your char? Leeds? Sorry I’m terrible with OOC names. 

43 minutes ago, SgtMcMuffin said:

im sorry did you make an isis character?

Spoiler

[Yesterday, 15:46]
ArmaniBob Iron Fist:
    Kharajite is kinda..violent y'know?

[Yesterday, 15:47]
Husky:
    How so
    From what I saw
    they kinda just disbelieve in the legitimacy in the prophets post-Muhammads death

[Yesterday, 15:48]
ArmaniBob Iron Fist:
    and khawariji's go off a philosophy of "Only god can judge." which is literally the same as isis and al queda, they have never exactly been considered muslims by other sects such as ibadi, sunni, sufi, or shia. They've been considered the "mad dogs" when you look at the cultural perspective of things

[Yesterday, 15:48]
Husky:
    Lmfao
    I didn't realise that
    AHAHAHAHAH
    I ACCIDENTLY MADE
    A FUCKING
    ISIS CHAR

[Yesterday, 15:49]
ArmaniBob Iron Fist:
    AN ISIS
    KRUD