Teething issues with the script

Xalphox

Exit button doesn't work when you first connect.

If you click more than once on enlist (and possibly other tabs) you get an error when making a character. Once all the info is filled out and you click a model the entire box will rapidly (multiple times a second) flick between what has been entered and the default info. Only solution is to reconnect by either exiting Gmod completely OR joining off a friend on the server. You CANNOT use console during this issue.

If you click choose character, you wait for any amount of time up to 25 seconds before the window appears.

If you click choose character multiple times in the time it takes to appear, the character selection window will never go away even after you load into a character.

There is no Intel section.

Bodygroups are saved to the player and not the character.

Attachments currently only persist until map change and / or server restart.

Crosshairs have a tendency to disappear even with a weapon drawn.

With Infinite Ammo disabled, players can still get "Infinite ammo" by attaching and removing the Drum Mag attachment.

The HUD apparently has a tendency to crash.

14 minutes ago, Cronk said:

DoB for character creation, a few of the newer plays mistook it for their IRL DoB. Could we perhaps give an indication of the IC year, etc.

Better yet, only allow for Month and DOB, then prompt for the characters current age so the script can set the year, itself.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

If you click choose character multiple times in the time it takes to appear, the character selection window will never go away even after you load into a character.

Just repeatedly click the X. When I first loaded in, this happened to me. After the 20th click, it disappeared. 

• Like 2

Sometimes when a video is being played by the server in the background, I can stop it clientside by clicking blank air while the chat is brought up. I can also resume it by using the same method.

The aforementioned videos also prevent me from clicking the upward-arrow for the radio channel, or using the scroll wheel on it. The downward arrow still works, but my only other option is dragging the scroll with the mouse -- extremely uncomfortable given how small radio chat is to begin with.

The M55 isn't part of the weapon package (Which means it doesn't save into your character inventory) so if you want to have it you must ask someone for it every time a map change occurs. Also the weapon looks weird when your character holds it. 

The sitting animations look weird due to CW 2.0 thinking you have a weapon and so your hands look as though you are holding an invisible weapon.

The savebodygroups feature works for the most part except for the chest piece. It always leaves the chest piece its original color, usually Red armor. It also saves for Player and not character.

I also second changing the colors of LOOC and OOC.

This is a small suggestion but if there is a way to bring back ways of either having your character lay down, lean back, ect, it be a neat addition to the server for it is kinda annoying/weird when the only animations people do is either the sitting animation or the prone position.

radio chat is too damn small

on 'medium' size text theres enough room but the text is too small to read

on 'large' size text everything is easily read but theres space for one or two radio messages

this makes it hard to do anything because if i can'\t see a radio command, i cant do anything

also the radio scroll wheel breaks, i dunno why though

5 hours ago, Heresiarch Grimm said:

Exit button doesn't work when you first connect.

If you click more than once on enlist (and possibly other tabs) you get an error when making a character. Once all the info is filled out and you click a model the entire box will rapidly (multiple times a second) flick between what has been entered and the default info. Only solution is to reconnect by either exiting Gmod completely OR joining off a friend on the server. You CANNOT use console during this issue.

If you click choose character, you wait for any amount of time up to 25 seconds before the window appears.

There is no Intel section.

Bodygroups are saved to the player and not the character.

Attachments currently only persist until map change and / or server restart.

Crosshairs have a tendency to disappear even with a weapon drawn.

With Infinite Ammo disabled, players can still get "Infinite ammo" by attaching and removing the Drum Mag attachment.

The HUD apparently has a tendency to crash.

when you make a character don't tab in or out because it triggers it, click the x for the character creation once then wait and if it doesnt work do it again once it goes away then create the character without opening tab

chat range is small as fuck. when I say small as fuck I mean I can't hear people using normal speech approximately 2 meters away from me.

i can't provide screenshots but to illustrate, imagine a portion of a hl2 fence. if you stand on one end of it and the other guy on the other, 90% chance is, you won't hear eachother talking in normal speech. 

• Like 1

Like everyone else has been saying my only issue with the script is the chat. Yes the splitting of radio chatter and the rest was a good idea, you need to make the two more noticeable and bigger. Back on the old server I knew the exact second something was said over radio because it was big and green and right there in your face, along with command. Now everything is white and it just flies under my radar and I don't notice orders directed at me until like 30 minutes later if they're still there.

Otherwise amazing script. Fucking LOVE CW 2.0 Morita's. They look and sound bad ass.

Whether these are script issues or not I dunno

-Like the m55 not spawning with engineers, the minigun as well doesn't spawn with marauders, as a result it's a hassle to ask Admins for your gun and the proper amount of ammo

-both the morita and minigun have an occasional issue where they won't reload. There's a trick to fix it with the Morita but it's tedious and ruins immersion

-The jump height is waaaaay to small, even for immersion sake.

-Follow up to that, maybe make it so you don't auto prone after hitting control twice, prime example is when trying crouch jump numerous times cause the height is so small.

-Please make a @ or /a command for reports, less tedious then typing /report

-Marauders and MI spawn in without armor when they should have armor.

-Maybe make certain messages like PM and LOOC a different color to easily distinguish 

-Probably my end, but I loaded in and could play with PAC at all, models wouldn't move around, and neither would the PAC camera