Teething issues with the script

Xalphox

52 minutes ago, Dimov said:

Crash upon loading, only started after loading screen was added. More than a teething issue, this is literally gamebreaking. I cannot get on the server as of now.

@Michael Conway

This is something that needs to be fixed -- Dimov is one of the more senior NCO's and needs to be able to hop on to assist in resolving issues with the largest faction of the server.

Perhaps it has something to do with the song that plays during the loading time?  Garry's Mod is not the most stable of programs, and it wouldn't surprise me that loading a song might cause conflicting issues with certain user PC's.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tonic said:

@Michael Conway

This is something that needs to be fixed -- Dimov is one of the more senior NCO's and needs to be able to hop on to assist in resolving issues with the largest faction of the server.

Perhaps it has something to do with the song that plays during the loading time?  Garry's Mod is not the most stable of programs, and it wouldn't surprise me that loading a song might cause conflicting issues with certain user PC's.

I know i'm not the only one with this issue, saw @FlexStudwell bring it up somewhere (I think the chat box) too. I have no idea what the common denominator is but for now I'm up shit creek without a paddle until the devs can fix it.

o well lol

horrible come-and-go fps freezes on the grant and with the new script altogether - been having it since omega but never brought up because who knows, it might just be me, or it might actually be an issue

mostly comes with using the new morita

sometimes the screen begins to spin and shake wildly, unsure if it was fixed

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

horrible come-and-go fps freezes on the grant and with the new script altogether - been having it since omega but never brought up because who knows, it might just be me, or it might actually be an issue

mostly comes with using the new morita

sometimes the screen begins to spin and shake wildly, unsure if it was fixed

I think that's an issue with CW. idk how to fix it. stopped having it once I got a good computer

update for me: I also crash trying to start a singleplayer game. I don't even finish loading, it just goes kaput nearly immediately. I have no idea what's causing it but this wasn't happening before the ~new and improved script~ update. I even unsubbed from this assuming it's the script and it's still crashing on the "Loading resources" step of loading. I've verified the game cache twice (first reacquired 2 files, second came up clean). I'll keep fucking around for a little bit but I'm not too hopeful.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:36 PM, Dimov said:

Crash upon loading, only started after loading screen was added. More than a teething issue, this is literally gamebreaking. I cannot get on the server as of now.

22 hours ago, Dimov said:

update for me: I also crash trying to start a singleplayer game. I don't even finish loading, it just goes kaput nearly immediately. I have no idea what's causing it but this wasn't happening before the ~new and improved script~ update. I even unsubbed from this assuming it's the script and it's still crashing on the "Loading resources" step of loading. I've verified the game cache twice (first reacquired 2 files, second came up clean). I'll keep fucking around for a little bit but I'm not too hopeful.

Resolved, at least for me. Xal removed Gmod Legs from the server which for some reason known only to God caused the problem

On 10/10/2017 at 6:39 PM, Tonic said:

Would love to have a "X player has just joined! Help them out!" message be sent to admins whenever a new character/player is created and loaded into the server.

Helps us grab new players that need to be given a rundown.

Make it red text, too, and all bold, so that you can't exactly miss it or mistake it as just an OOC thing. Chat goes fast, sometimes.

Related image

On another note, there have been several requests that the loading screen music be removed.

Currently, the Carbine:

Increases handling by 10%

Increases damage by 10%

Increases deploy speed by 20%

Decreases firerate by 20%

It'd be appreciated if you could change it so that, instead:

Increases handling by 10%

Increases damage by 10%

Increases deploy speed by 20%

Increases firerate by 15% (popular demand, doesn't really make sense)

Increases recoil by 10%

As for suppressors, the current stats are:

Decreases firing noise

Decreases recoil by 15%

Decreases damage by 10%

Decreases handling by 10%

Please change that to this:

Decreases firing noise

Decreases handling by 5%

And, for God's sake, please -- PLEASE -- BRING BACK THE 75RD MAGS. Everyone wants them back, and the more dakka, the more fun. I'm aware we have 200rd mags, but 75rd default mags seem to do the trick absolutely flawlessly.

But Dex, why?

Any Carbine variant of a weapon is a lot easier to handle, damage is just there, firerate was from the old script which everyone seemed to love about the Carbine.

Suppressors don't really decrease damage, unless we're using subsonic rounds, but even subsonic rounds pack one Hell of a punch to compensate for velocity drop. Likewise, adding more weight to a weapon naturally decreases handling. It's more of a balancing thing.

EDIT: Also, change the ammunition type on the Morita to 7.62x51mm. If it causes issues, just swap it to 5.45x39mm or 5.56x45mm.

EDIT2:

remove the intro music when joining the server, too, please.

The development team is already working on a few weapon updates. Currently we just updated the loading screen and are working on implementing the squad system. As for weapons, I will be personally going out of my way to do some research and get to work on correct statistics for the Morita and possibly working on making a Mk 4 for the server.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

make working sidearms instead 

we need them for fuck's sake