Character Creation Rules

Deckers

• Executive Administrator

Character Creation Rules!

Due to the lacking of a proper sheet of rulings for players to create a character, we've seen an increase and simply always have seen certain players making a character that simply wouldn't make sense in the Mobile Infantry, or in a military in general. With that said, here's a simple listing of things that players cannot add to their characters.

• Mental illnesses
    • Mental illnesses would simply not be allowable in any fashion of Federal military service. If you choose to go through with your character having such diseases, it would not be public knowledge and if you're caught it would result in IC consequences that most assuredly will remove your character from the unit.
  • Your character is not previous special forces
    • Your character was not apart of US Army Rangers, Russian Spetsnaz, Navy SEALs, Pathfinder, Pararescue, Neodog handler or any other special forces that you can think of. The reasoning for this is mostly due to Special Forces from the old world governments no longer exist and in order to be a member of Pathfinders, you must request permission from the XAs or be on a Pathfinder Operation. Neodog handlers will not be allowed.
  • Height and weight
    • Now here's the kicker, because this one kills me too as my throw away characters are mostly obese. However, characters need to have limitations in what size they can be. Height will be limited at 6'10" as this accounts for the natural evolution of humans getting taller, colonies having different gravitational levels, etc. Anything further would MORE than likely be a hazard to themselves and their unit. 
    • Weight is a more touchy subject, I don't think a limit is necessary but definitely be smart in how you roleplay a character with weight issues.
  • Wealth
    • Look guys, I know that everyone wants to have a wealthy family. But not every single person in the Federation has bajillions of dollars. XAs now have to authorize this as well.
  • Criminal Background
    • Another thing, everyone wants their character to have a cool background. But it doesn't necessarily make sense for a criminal to be put into a regular infantry unit for punishment. Bear in mind, we're talking criminal in the sense of murderers, rapists or any felonous violent crimes. This is no longer allowed either.
  • High IQs
    • Although everyone has a choice in what service they go into, it's strange to see characters with genious level IQs. There's not going to be a prohibition on characters with said IQ levels, but a strong discouragement as if your character has such high intelligence-- they're more than likely going into Intelligence or Fleet, not the MI.

CURRENT characters with mental prohibitions will still be able to play on the server. However, any with mental illness will be doing so in secrecy and if caught will be handled as originally stated.

Admins are expected to follow through with these new rulings, warnings first and then handle it as you see fit from there.

• Winner 1
5 minutes ago, Deckers said:

Weight is a more touchy subject, I don't think a limit is necessary but definitely be smart in how you roleplay a character with weight issues.

And if you're like me and have absolutely no idea what weight they should be, I was once linked to this handy chart:

http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/loseweight/pages/height-weight-chart.aspx

Any overweight characters would've quickly been trimmed down by the x amount of time in basic - subject to the drill sergeant's cruelty - so weight gain would have happened after basic / during their service.

• Executive Administrator
26 minutes ago, Bohannon said:

Question PTSD,pk/ Removal  worthy?

PTSD before enlistment would not allow you into the Federal military service.

Depending upon your stability and upon being cleared by a medical officer, a Trooper could remain in the MI with PTSD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to bump this post, because it's become apparent that a few haven't read the mental illness section. And with the bump, I'd like to add the following:

Stop roleplaying mental illnesses you know nothing about. You're not cool, you're just making yourself look like an asshole for the sake of getting that ~spicy drama~. PTSD isn't cool, and most certainly isn't what the movies show you. Stop roleplaying it that way, or just don't roleplay the illness at all. 

On 9/25/2017 at 5:03 PM, Deckers said:

Mental illnesses

• Mental illnesses would simply not be allowable in any fashion of Federal military service. If you choose to go through with your character having such diseases, it would not be public knowledge and if you're caught it would result in IC consequences that most assuredly will remove your character from the unit.

Please refer to the above.